Wisconsin’s Tornado and Severe Weather Awareness Week encourages people to develop or review their severe weather and tornado plans. The week also includes a statewide tornado drill, which provides two opportunities for people to practice their tornado safety plan at school, work, and home. On April 7, 2022, the statewide tornado drill will take place. During the drill times of 1:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. we encourage everyone to practice their tornado safety plans by going to their designated tornado shelter. In the event severe weather is in the forecast for April 7, the test may be postponed to the following day. Any change in the date would be announced on the ReadyWisconsin website. In Marinette County, communities with outdoor warning sirens test them weekly on Fridays.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
June 18, 2018
April 9, 2021
March 19, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Friday September 29th, 2023
- Swap Shop Thursday September 28th, 2023
- Behold the wonderous event that awaits! The Smoke U.P. Embrace the Stigma soiree shall grace the gardens of Ravenwood this coming Friday & Saturday
- In the realm of justice, a man from Menominee County has been sentenced to four terms of imprisonment
- Swap Shop Wednesday September 27th , 2023