Alisha Kocken, 28, is charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and eight other counts for the August 6th confrontation with Officer Nicole Blaskowski. Kocken’s arraignment is scheduled for February 10th. The defense has indicated it plans to enter a plea of not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Previously, Kocken received psychiatric treatment and was deemed competent to stand trial. Kocken was charged after an incident where police were called to an Oconto Falls home. There was a physical confrontation between Kocken and Officer Blaskowski. At one point, Kocken allegedly grabbed Blaskowski’s gun and shot the officer in the head. She has since been released from the hospital. Kocken is being held on a $750,000 cash bail.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
August 7, 2020
February 16, 2022
June 12, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Congratulations Chris Bernier- WBA HALL OF FAME
- Swap Shop Friday June 24th, 2022
- Marinette County Breakfast on the Farm is this Sunday at the Finger Family Farm
- Irish Immigrants in Michigan: A History in Stories, Author book reading to be held Thursday at Spies Public Library
- A Menominee man facing over 70 counts involving aggravated child sexually abusive material appeared in Menominee Circuit Court